When it's over 100 degrees, what better way to spend the weekend than at the pool with your sister?
| One of these sisters has a better tan than the other. I lose. |
We had a quick, but fun, visit to Kentucky and Tennessee this weekend and splashing around in the pool was the perfect post 7 hour drive activity. There was an intense game of Monkey in the Middle, which sadly the boys dominated mainly because of their height advantage. Stephen also channeled his inner Anthony Davis a few times to smack down the ball and grab it for himself which was entertaining. This marks only the second time this summer I've had any pool time, the first was on our vacation last month.
![]() |
| Me, popsicle face Ellie, and her beloved turtle living it up at Wild Dunes |
Ellie loved the pool, but was terrified of the ocean. Laura gave me some more photos from our trip, and here's some evidence of why Ellie was pretty smart to shy away from the Atlantic...
![]() |
| Hmm... why is there that crowd on the beach? Looks like that guy caught something. |
![]() |
| Oh. It's a SHARK!!! |
Yikes!
|
![]() |
| Great idea, set him free again so he can go chomp on someone's leg |
And that is why, a swimming pool is safer and more fun than the ocean. There was only one shark I didn't mind seeing on our trip:
With all the crazy heat I hope I wasn't the only one who spent the weekend underwater!






So glad you told the shark story! I'm afraid I may never get around to it. It was so good to see you briefly on Saturday. Anytime you come back this summer, we can go to the Beaumont Pool together :)
ReplyDelete