Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 14


How far along: 14 weeks

Best moment this week: The overwhelming response we got to going public with our news.  Our friends, families, co-workers, people on the internet I haven't seen in years... everyone was so happy for us and I felt so loved.  Baby Wheeler even has its very first Kentucky gameday outfit already (a royal blue dressing gown and blue and white striped cap, both with the UK logo on them) thanks to a sweet co-worker.

What's new with baby:  Baby is the size of a fist!  Facial reflexes are now possible, baby can squint, frown, grimace and suck its thumb.  By the end of the week (tomorrow) baby's arms will have grown to a length that is proportionate to the rest of the body- no more stubby arms!  Even though I can't feel anything yet, baby is punching and kicking actively in there.

Mom is feeling:  Good.  I'm still feeling stuffy at night, but for the most part my cold is gone.  I have been more fatigued this first week of my second trimester than I was during the first trimester which is kind of weird since it's supposed to be the other way around.  It might just be because I haven't been getting very restful sleep this past week with my cold constantly waking me up so I could blow my nose to breathe again.

Weight gain:  The scale still shows no change from my starting weight, but my pants are getting increasingly snug.

Wardrobe:  I'm mostly wearing sundresses to work because they're comfy and it's 105 degrees here.  I always need a cardigan though, because my office is an igloo.  I haven't worn (or bought) any maternity clothes yet, everything still fits pretty good.  I did use the belly band for the first time the other day, but honestly those pants were tight before I was pregnant and it would have been useful then too!

Cravings: None, although someone at work said, "The baby must really like Chick-fil-A." to which I responded, "Well, I really like Chick-fil-A, that's nothing new."  Pregnant or not, it's always been a weekly (ok, sometimes bi-weekly) lunch spot for me so I don't think that counts as a craving.  That's just good taste.

Missing: A good night of uninterrupted sleep.

Name news:  I can tell you this, all names on our lists are very clearly masculine or feminine.  There will be no name gender ambiguity.

Scared about: Nothing really.  Now that all the excitement of telling everyone is behind us it's nice to have things quiet back down and be back to normal life.  We've got some down time until things get crazy again.

Excited about:  I'm already looking forward to next month to find out if we're having a boy or girl.


1 comment:

  1. John and I are so taken aback by the no gender ambiguity comment. I just thought you two would choose Elliot and it wouldn't make any difference where it was a boy or a girl.
    You are looking good.

    ReplyDelete