Friday, July 6, 2012

Week 12

A look back on the first trimester, since the blog world missed it...

How far along: 12 weeks

Best moment this week: Hearing baby's heartbeat (160 bpm) and knowing that the first trimester is almost over!

What's new with baby:  Baby is the size of a strawberry, (or lime depending on which book you read) about 2 inches long, and has graduated from embryo to fetus!  Baby now has reflexes and can clench it's tiny hands (no more webbed fingers) and squirm when prodded, even though I can't feel this response yet.

Mom is feeling: Great!  So happy that I made it through the first 12 weeks without missing a single day of work, gaining any weight, and keeping this secret.  Compared to all the crazy symptoms some women experience in the first trimester I have been very lucky, this pregnancy has been so easy so far that I sometimes forgot that I was even pregnant because I never felt all that different.

Weight gain: 0

Wardrobe:  No adjustments necessary yet

Cravings:  None

Missing: My beauty products with salicylic acid in them, they kept my face clearer than the "baby safe" mild stuff

Name News:  Calling baby "Baby Wheeler" because I feel weird referring to BW as "it"

Scared about: Nothing

Excited about: Finally sharing the news with our family this coming weekend.  Enjoying and celebrating the pregnancy more now that I am no longer so worried about losing the baby.

Note to baby:  Thanks for going so easy on me these first three months, I really appreciate it.  Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment