As a parent, I'm learning you worry a lot. Baby Wheeler is still safe in utero where I know no friends are offering him/her drugs and yet I still find things to worry about. Is Baby growing healthy and strong? Is Baby developing correctly? However, one thing that had not crossed my mind to worry about was having an ugly baby. I know some people who have worried about this, and I think it's silly. No baby looks their best the first time it takes a breath of air, it's just been through quite an ordeal. I'll be so excited to meet my baby that I won't care a bit how smushed up, wrinkly, puffy, mis-shapen, or discolored they are...all babies end up looking adorable once given enough time to recover.
The other reason an ugly baby had never entered my thoughts is because I feel like Matt and I had some pretty darn cute phases as kids and I assumed the wee-est Wheeler would too.
Why am I telling you all this? Well, did you know that there are websites out there that will show you what your future children might look like? I wonder if this is what girls do at slumber parties these days instead of playing MASH like we did to determine our futures. Claudia, the impatient aunt, decided to find out what my child would look like... and it ain't pretty. Maybe there are sites out there with more sophisticated technology, but using the free one means that they just smash your two photos together, overlapping bits and pieces to create an ill proportioned, not entirely human looking, very scary child. Scroll down to see the creature it spit out... if you dare.
Yikes! I'm still not overly concerned about our actual baby, and even if for some reason it does look like the giant foreheaded street urchin you see above, I will still love it. The moral of this story is... wait to meet your baby, please don't go on some sketchy website called "makemebabies.com."



Ha!! That makes no sense, I think the program used other people's faces along with your own. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be amazed at how beautiful that puffy, cone-headed, blue-ish purple-y baby will be when you see her. Perfection is the only thing that comes to mind! I guess there are ugly babies in the world, but I have never seen one in person.