Friday, July 6, 2012

Week 13

A look back on the first trimester, since the blog world missed it...

How far along: 13 weeks, the end of the first trimester!

Best moment this week:  Sharing the news with our parents, they were ecstatic!

What's new with baby:  Baby is this size of a peach (or tomato if that's all you have in your kitchen to take a picture with), about 3 inches long.  Reproductive organs are forming, eyes are in the correct spot instead of on the sides of the head, and baby is looking a lot more human.  (Even though I can't see the baby, I have to admit, this development is a pretty big relief- no more creepy alien baby in there.)

Mom is feeling: Happy.  There was so much joy and excitement when we shared our news and it was a moment I will never forget it.  We've also started telling close friends and everyone is thrilled for us.  It's also a relief to no longer have the burden of keeping Baby Wheeler a secret, although I'm really glad we did.  I love that so many people already love the wee-est Wheeler.

Weight gain: None, although my shape is definitely changing.  I have a small bump that looks they way I used to look if I ate a big meal.

Wardrobe:  Same as always, but I'm happiest in sundresses and sweat pants... which is no different than what I always changed into the moment I got home from work, who doesn't prefer comfy clothes?

Cravings: None

Missing: Sudafed, DayQuil, NyQuil... any drug with some pseudoepedrine (off limits) in it to help fight this nasty summer cold I caught

Name News:  Laura let me borrow some Baby Name books, and we spent our road trip home shooting down names.  We've had a few favorites on our list for years, but it's going to be a tough decision.

Scared about: News leaking on Facebook or elsewhere now that some people know before I've had a chance to talk to my boss.

Excited about: Starting to see a bump, can't wait to watch it (and baby) grow!

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! Keep 'em coming! I should have offered you my belly stickers when you were here on Saturday - want me to mail them to you?

    ReplyDelete