A look back on the first trimester, since the blog world missed it...
How far along: 8 weeks
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby on the ultrasound, hearing that little heartbeat for the first time.
What's new with baby: Baby is the size of a blueberry. Limbs have formed and baby has webbed fingers and toes. Eyes and ears are beginning to form and neural passageways in the brain are connecting. Heartbeat was measured at 135 bpm at my first appointment.
Mom is feeling: Relieved. The official confirmation of the pregnancy and hearing that everything looks good was a huge relief. Also feeling very crampy, especially at night as my body is starting to make room for its guest... it hurts really bad. I'm nauseous and light headed if I don't eat immediately when I feel hungry. My purse if fully stocked with snacks, which will probably be the norm until the baby enters middle school.
Weight gain: No
Wardrobe: Same as always
Cravings: None
Missing: Turkey sandwiches for lunch. I mean, has anyone ever heard of someone getting listeria? I haven't. Better safe than sorry I guess, even if it does make me sad.
Name news: Currently calling Baby "duckling" because of the webbed hands and feet
Scared about: Nothing. I watched a few episodes of 16 and Pregnant on MTV this weekend and it gave me a huge boost of confidence. If those dysfunctional teens can deliver and keep a baby alive then surely an educated adult like myself in a stable, emotionally supportive relationship can handle it.
Excited about: Vacation coming up- a week to relax, catch up on sleep, and not worry about co-workers getting suspicious of how many times a day I go to the bathroom.
Oh my gosh, I would not worry about the lunch meat, or most other foods for that matter! Ask your dr, but mine said if you don't smoke and you don't drink, you're 98% healthy, the other 2% is made up of diet, environment, lifestyle, etc. She said most women worry too much about what they eat when pregnant, and the worrying (at least for me) is more unhealthy than anything they could eat!
ReplyDelete