Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beating the Heat

Earlier this summer I told sweet baby Laing that I'd go swimming with her sometime this summer.  Yesterday was the perfect, hot summer day to make good on that promise and splash around in Charlotte with Adam, Sarah, and of course their little cutie:
All this little girl does is smile, she's such a happy baby
Matt and I braved IKEA in the morning, so we definitely earned a relaxing afternoon poolside.  After a tasty lunch with the Bitters' we suited up for some fun in the sun.
A trail?  Do I need my hiking boots?
This was funny, so I took a picture.  I'm standing by the car... and the paved path in the picture above leads straight from the parking lot to the pool (you see how far that is) and nowhere else, yet they decided to put up a sign and officially call it a "walking trail."  Even though it was a hot day with blue skies, or maybe because it was such a hot day, we had the pool pretty much to ourselves!

Family Photo
After a few hours in the sun we snacked on some watermelon together and then headed back to SC.  I love summertime.  The cutest moment of the day was definitely when I was holding Laing and Sarah told her that I was growing a friend for her.  On cue, Laing turned her little body and snuggled her face against my belly as if to say, "Oh! Hello, friend!  Next summer you can come to the pool with me and play!"  Yes we will Laing, and if Baby Wheeler is a girl we will get her a stylin' summer hat as cute as yours.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment