Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 16


How far along: 16 weeks

Best moment this week: Hearing baby's strong, healthy heartbeat at my check up

What's new with baby:  Baby is the size of an avocado, and is currently going through a growth spurt getting ready to double its size in the next 2 - 3 weeks.  Bones in the ears are in place so baby can now hear all those chats Matt has been having with my belly.

Mom is feeling:  Good.  I have weird aches and pains sometimes and had heartburn this past week, but a few Tums seem to do the trick to get rid of it for now.  Overall, I mostly just feel like my normal self which is nice.

Weight gain:  Officially up 2 pounds at my appointment this week. 

Wardrobe: No need for maternity clothes yet, even though my shape is changing my normal clothes still fit fine especially skirts and dresses.  I did try on some maternity tops at Target this past week and it is way too soon.  Even the XS size looked like a giant potato sack hanging on me.

Cravings: None.  I did fall victim to the strategically placed candy bars in the check out line at the grocery on Friday.  I couldn't resist buying a Kit Kat.  However, I don't think it counts as a craving because I forgot all about it after I bought it and didn't eat it until the next day.  I feel like if it was a true "pregnancy craving" I never would have let the bag boy put it away.

Missing: Nothing really.  I don't even miss my morning cup of coffee anymore, and when I do want some I've found that decaf tastes just fine too.

Name news: Matt goes by his middle name and at times it has caused confusion so although we haven't settled on names yet (we do have lists written out), we both agree that the baby will definitely go by it's first name. 

Scared about:  Nothing.  My midwife said everything looks good and I don't have to go back for five weeks.  I definitely understand why all the books say the second trimester is the sweet spot in pregnancy- I feel good, I'm still comfortable, and it's too early to be stressed about the decisions we'll have to make later on.

Excited about:  The midwife told me I could feel my first kick soon, somewhere between 16 and 20 weeks, and I'm looking forward to all those nudges saying hello!

1 comment:

  1. yay for first kicks!! can't wait until it happens :)

    ReplyDelete