It has been almost two years since we had the chance to visit one of our favorite places, Matt's grandmother's farm in Western Kentucky. Labor Day weekend seemed like the perfect chance for a family reunion, and with the baby bump getting bigger by the day, it might be one of the last road trips this Momma goes on for awhile.
The weather was a mix of rain and sun, but most of Saturday was great and we were so excited that we were able to see most of Matt's extended family on his Mom's side with the exception of Ross, Hope, and Gunnar- when you have as many cousins as Matt it was a very successful reunion if we saw all but three of them! As a bonus, two members of my family happened to be in the area this weekend and I was able to briefly see Claudia and Stephen (and Charlotte) too!
 |
| Sisters on the farm |
 |
| Matt & his cousin Carol |
 |
| Matt's cousins Sophie, John Ryder, Axel, Lindsey, Brody, Eli, and Camden- Baby Girl will love playing with this bunch |
 |
| The current babies of the family- Jorja and Axel |
Considering we've only know for less than a week that our baby is a sweet little girl, I was surprised at how quickly her family has stepped up to supply her with adorable outfits. Below are just
some of the cute things she got this weekend courtesy of her great aunt Melody, cousin Maggie, aunt Claudia, and Gramma Peggy.
 |
| So much cuteness! |
I am so thankful for the time we were able to spend with family this weekend. Yes, there was lots of driving... but there was also lots of laughter, delicious casseroles and desserts, and fun memories.
Yay!! You have a Sophie. That giraffe is priceless :)
ReplyDeleteYour belly looks so great! Love that tank! I'm glad I wasn't the only one running out right away to buy the Wheelerette some things :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat blog. Love the picture of you and Matt. Was Carol standing on a chair in that one with Matt?
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of driving for you two and I am so glad that you did. You know how much the Grays love you two.
Looking forward to seeing you in 23 days. Yay!!!