Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 24


How far along: 24 weeks

Best moment this week: Putting up the crib in the nursery.

What's new with baby: She is over a pound and about a foot long, about the size of a long ear of corn.  She's still pretty lean, but will soon start plumping up and filling out into a cute, squishy infant.  Her lungs and brain continue to develop steadily.  She loves twisting, turning, squirming, and kicking once I go to bed at night.  This weekend she had a baby rave, bouncing around like crazy.  If Matt pokes her she likes to poke him back, it's a cute little game they play together.

Mom is feeling: Much better.  I took several naps over the weekend which felt great.  I can tell I'm getting bigger, bending over to pick things up is more challenging than it used to be and going up and down the stairs can be exhausting.  

Weight gain: About 10 pounds.

Wardrobe:  More and more maternity clothes, although I just realized both the shirt and shorts I'm wearing in the weekly photo are regular size small items that I've been wearing forever.

Cravings: None for baby, but I finally went to Starbuck's for my first pumpkin spice latte of the season, one of my all time favorite fall treats (don't worry, I checked the caffeine amounts online before I went. A tall size only has 75 mg and up to 200 mg a day is allowed, so it was baby safe.)  Unfortunately, this story does not have a happy ending.  Baby Girl hated my favorite fall time indulgence.  I thought I was going to get sick (I didn't, but I sure felt like it).  I will be passing on all things pumpkin for the remainder of the fall season.  This makes me very sad, especially because I saw the limited edition pumpkin spice Hershey's kisses were back at Target this weekend.  Someone else go buy a bag and enjoy those tiny tastes of autumn for me.

Missing: Basketball season.  Our football team is a disgrace.

Name news: The list keeps getting shorter!

Scared about: Completely unrelated to the pregnancy, I'm scared about being home alone this coming week while Matt attends the annual Interbike trade show in Las Vegas.  Every little noise makes me jump when he is home, you can only imagine how much jumpier I get when he isn't home.

Excited about:  My first baby shower, less than a month away!  I can't wait to celebrate and see some great old friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment