Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wait a minute...

Things are starting to feel a lot more real over here.  The baby gear is quickly accumulating.  Last week I got the fancy double electric pump I wanted for when I have to go back to work (don't worry, I didn't take any pictures of that to post here, but I was really happy to receive it).  Tuesday I came home to this leaning against the garage:

Yesterday my mailbox had the sweetest, cutest baby leg warmers in it.  Then tonight our front porch had our travel system (stroller, car seat, car base) waiting for us when we came home!

Now, I know we don't need any of this stuff yet... but we're first time parents and so excited that we haven't been able to resist getting it all out right away.
After a long, and slightly overwhelming process, we finally settled on the Britax B Agile system.  The biggest selling point (and deciding factor) for me was how incredibly easy this stroller is to fold and carry.  I can do it one handed.  One handed.  A wimpy weakling like myself can have a baby on her hip, a diaper bag on her other shoulder, and with my free hand pull one handle and the entire stroller collapses and locks to be easily carried or hoisted into a car.  That same feature had me originally drooling over the City Mini GT.  However, the City Mini GT did not come with a car seat adapter, and although you could purchase it separately, we tried it in the store and it was a pain to snap a car seat in.  The Britax B Agile offered the one hand fold technology and came as a travel system so we knew it was the best option for us.
Ready for adventuring once the baby gets bigger

With the car seat on top... all I'm missing is the baby!
A huge thank you needs to all the loving friends and family who have already been sending such great gifts our way.

On Tuesday, while I made dinner Matt assembled the crib in the freshly painted nursery.  Before the salmon was finished baking he called me up to see it.  Here's a sneak peek of the unfinished nursery:
All night I kept saying, "There's a crib in our house." like that is what suddenly made this pregnancy a reality to me.  It's already fall, and this winter there will be a sweet little girl sleeping in that room, riding in her new car seat, and wearing all those cute outfits.  This is such a happy time of anticipation, I hope it doesn't go by too fast.

I've been rewatching our ultrasound DVD from two weeks ago, trying to freeze it on some of the different snapshots of her.  Here's one I caught of her little hand waving (actually, she's sucking her thumb, but before she was doing that she was definitely waving hello to everyone in blog world and probably thanking them for sending gifts her way- she's a very friendly and polite baby).

 Yup.  Crib or no crib, looking at that picture definitely proves there's a baby on her way!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. So many things to say! I love that dress. I love the pink and navy with white accents - the colors look great - def not too pink. The stroller & car seat look super-fancy. And I love love the thumb sucking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ordered the stroller the lady told me that it would take 2 weeks to get there. John and I were fine with that thinking it would arrive about the time we did. Oh well. It looks super nice.
    The nursery looks great and the crib is just too sweet. I know you two are so excited with everything.
    You are looking great. Hope the Banana bread has helped with the leg cramps. If not at least it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Hi there pretty girl. Your grandmom loves you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will you be up to NKY again? I have a gift ... . we'll I'm crafting a gift, and I need to prioritize my time :) I'd also just love to catch up and ooh and aah over your adorable baby bump!

    ReplyDelete