Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 23


How far along: 23 weeks

Best moment this week:  Baby gave the first "Hi, Daddy!" kick to Matt on Sunday night.  He had his hand in just the right spot on my belly at just the right moment when she gave a strong, unmistakable happy little jab for him.

What's new with baby:  Our sweet baby girl is now 11 inches long and weighs over a pound, about the size of a large mango!  She can hear all noises going on outside the womb (maybe I should stop turning up the new Flo Rida song so loud when it comes on?  I know the lyrics are terrible, but it's so catchy!).  This week her brain and the blood vessels in her lungs are developing.  She continues to be an active little acrobat in the evenings and her kicks are getting stronger.

Mom is feeling:  I won't lie, it's been a lousy week for me, probably the worst so far of this symptom free pregnancy I had been bragging about.  Queasiness, dizziness, leg cramps, dehydration, trouble staying asleep, achy joints, and a UTI to top it all off... I think last weekend's road trip wore my body out a lot more than I realized.  I'm on pregnancy approved antibiotics and spent this weekend resting, drinking lots of water, and I'm happy to report that week 23 is ending a whole lot better than it started.

Weight gain:  Around 8-9 pounds... the more startling stat is that I measured around my waist/belly this week and it is six inches bigger than it was five months ago!

Wardrobe: I'm still wearing a mix, and will continue until the belly starts peeking out from underneath my longer pre-preggo tops (soon I think).  I wear a skirt or dress everyday, I can't remember the last time I wore pants to work.

Cravings:  Food in general.  I am always hungry and snack frequently between meals to keep from crashing.

Missing:  Sleep.  I still love my Snoogle, I'm not uncomfortable,  I just can't fall asleep easily.

Name news: We call her several different names, trying to see what we like the sound of on a daily basis around the house.  I've even yelled a few of them up the stairs to see how they would feel if I was calling her to dinner.

Scared about:  This week I was really scared when I was sick, being pregnant makes you more nervous about anything out of the ordinary since I have a little one depending on me.

Excited about:  Progress on the nursery, progress narrowing down names, and fall- my favorite season starting to show up!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! The yelling test is a GOOD one. I did not do that with Sylvia's name and I remember the first time I called to her in another room and I thought to myself, "Gee, I'm glad I love her name!" It's also a good idea to imagine yourself calling her name in a public place (the mall?) as she's running away from you and toward the fountains where she will surely jump in and make a scene. That's a different sound altogether!

    Love your updates. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete