How did people decorate before Pinterest? From the moment I found out I was pregnant (ok, so maybe long before then) I've been daydreaming about nursery ideas. Everything is sweet and adorable and I feel like you can get away with fun things like stripes on the wall or patterns in a baby's room that wouldn't look very sophisticated in the rest of your home. Once we announced our news it seemed like the majority of people kept telling me they had a feeling it was a boy. I decided "he" would have a navy and green nursery, something like this:
 |
| via Pinterest |
Then, when we found out she was a girl I wanted to stick with the navy and found multiple cute mood boards on
Lay Baby Lay that I loved pairing blues and pinks together.
And so, the color scheme for Baby Girl Wheeler's nursery was decided. One wall has been painted Behr's Nocturnal Sea (a rich navy color I love), and the rest will be Behr's Southern Beauty (a subtle, pale pink). Now the hunt for fun accent pieces in brighter shades of pink has started. Our quest for the perfect glider continues as well. How cute would these pillows be on a modern, crisp white glider?
Sadly, if you follow the link you'll see that those pillows cost more than any small throw pillow should ever be allowed to cost, but it gives me some direction for what I'm looking for somewhere less swanky like Home Goods or Target or the fabric store. Matt's been busy painting, the crib has been ordered, and once we start getting furniture and accessories in her room I will definitely being sharing pictures of the finished product!
I just Googled the color swatches and I love them! I especially like that the name of the pink is Southern Beauty - just like Baby Wheeler will be :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Margot's room is coral/pink and light blue - but I'm coveting all the pink and navy accents you pinned. Can't wait to see it - if I could decorate nurseries for a living, I would. They are by far the most fun rooms to put together!
ReplyDeleteLove the navy and pink! So precious! Sorry, I am just catching up on the blog...a little late in reading this! :)
ReplyDelete