Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Week 25
How far along: 25 weeks
Best moment this week: Saturday morning when Matt came home after his week in Vegas. I think Baby Girl knew her Daddy was home and was happy about it too, she got all squirmy and kicky when she heard his voice again.
What's new with baby: This week she is measuring between 13-14 inches and weighs around 1.5 - 2 pounds! Her wrinkly skin should be smoothing out because she's currently piling on some baby fat. She is growing more hair and now has a sense of equilibrium knowing which way is up and down.
Maybe that explains why she rolls around so much in there, she's just trying to get comfy and right side up. Her heart rate at this morning's checkup was 158 bpm which is normal.
Mom is feeling: Good, although a little discouraged after my midwife told me I was gaining weight a bit too quickly. My overall gain is still fine and within the normal ranges, but I was up 7 pounds from my last appointment 4 weeks ago, and she said 7 pounds in 4 weeks was a pace she didn't want me sticking to. I've also been achy and get short of breath doing simple things, but overall I feel good.
Weight gain: Officially up 13 pounds at my 25 week appointment. I'm now seeing numbers I've never seen on the scale before, and even though I know it's because I'm pregnant I'm still kind of startled when I see them!
Wardrobe: Maternity tops with regular skirts and cardigans for the chilly fall mornings.
Cravings: None, although that might change once I start eating healthier. I bet I'll be craving the sweets I'm going to try to cut back on.
Missing: Sleeping on my stomach.
Name news: New nickname for the week: Rutababy. The weekly Baby Center e-mail said she was the size of a rutabaga this week and neither of us have any idea what an average rutabaga looks like. In case you're also clueless, it looks like a large turnip. They should have just said baby is the size of a large turnip.
Scared about: I scheduled my glucose test this morning, and while I still have a few weeks before the test, I'm already nervous about it since it's completely out of my control. My midwife told me that regardless of my diet choices or anything I do, it's possible to have gestational diabetes. Yikes. Let's hope I don't, it sounds like a real hassle.
Excited about: A weekend at the beach in a few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you don't have gestational diabetes either, but if you do, know that Rachael survived it just fine. (I'm sure she'll comment on this blog and tell you so herself) :)
ReplyDeleteThough it will put a damper on some of the fun shower things I have planned if you can't eat sweets.
Also, I love rutabagas! We eat them every Thanksgiving - mashed with some butter - yummy!
Glad Matt is home again - it is no fun to have an out-of-town hubby.
GD is no fun, but if you have it - call me. There are loopholes! I can tell you how to work in a cupcake at your shower ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Luckily the test is the Tuesday after the shower... so I'll be splurging that weekend! Ok, maybe not splurging, but cupcakes will be eaten!
DeleteP.S. You're looking like you have 'the glow'!!
ReplyDelete