I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to join with me as I pledge to never ever hang wallpaper in a house. If we can start a movement to ban wallpaper then there might come a day in the future where no grandchild of mine will ever be faced with the painful and frustrating task of tearing bit by bit of it off a wall. In this modern age we live in they now make decorative wall decals which look just as lovely as wallpaper and can be removed instantly. So please, before you put up wallpaper, think ahead that you (or someone else) might someday want to take it down, and just say no.
Thank you for your support and participation,
Jennifer
p.s. Here's some photos of how I spent my weekend:

I look like a mad scientist because the Piranha wallpaper remover irritated my skin the first time we used it and gave me an itchy allergic reaction rash. I therefore changed my removal method to the hot water spray bottle, but Matt was still using the Piranha and I was trying to avoid exposure to the mist. You can also see that the glue did not come off clean and we will have to repair parts of the wall before moving on. The good news is though... that we're finished with step 1, and all the wallpaper is gone!
All that's left now is sanding, spackling, priming, painting, and installing new fixtures. I know that sounds like a lot, but none of those steps will be nearly as time consuming as removing the wallpaper. 
I'm happy it's behind us and I plan to spend the rest of my weekend being lazy.
Girl, I feel you! There is NOTHING worse than wallpaper. And they say you should look past that when you buy a house, but after two rooms of wallpaper in our current house, I just don't think I can do that again. I hate it more than anything!
ReplyDelete