I apologize in advance because there are no pictures of our progress in this post. I'm blogging during my lunch break at work and don't have access to my pictures. Maybe this will make the big reveal when we're finished more exciting since the last image I shared was the ugly naked wall. We spent the past weekend painting the bathroom. It's a small space, but it had lots of obstacles (like the toilet) and trim (the mirror, doorways, above the shower, etc.) to paint around. Saturday we primed and then Sunday we put up the color, which is Valspar's Silver Dusk:

Don't let the name fool you, it's definitely a light blue with nothing silvery about it. It looks really nice, especially against the white tile of the shower. We also bought a new toilet paper holder, towel bar, and towel ring which we haven't installed yet because the paint still needs some touch ups. Unlike the color, which we debated at length, there was no second guessing when it came to the hardware. In a sentimental move, I reached for the "Mitchell", the same Allen Roth set at Lowe's that we bought last summer when we renovated our bathroom at the old house.

It was actually only partly nostalgia that made me pick it, mainly it was the fact that I like the brushed nickel finish and simple style. I guess my tastes haven't changed much in the 10 months since our last remodel. The only thing we haven't found yet is a new light fixture. Once we find one and install it and the Mitchell accessories, our first room makeover in the new house will be complete! While we bought the bathroom color we also selected the color for the bedroom since the two will need to complement each other because the vanity and sink area is an open space off the bedroom. The bedroom will be Valspar's Woodlawn Silver Brook:

Not sure yet how it will look on the wall, but I really like the idea of a gray bedroom. I love sleeping in on rainy mornings and I hope that a light gray bedroom will give a cozy, cloudy, sleepy feeling. It should make our white plantation shutters and crown molding stand out, but at the same time it's so neutral that it won't limit us to any colors or patterns we might want to use in our bedding and accessories to brighten up the room. We've also got our eye on a complete master bedroom furniture set, but until we're finished painting we won't be introducing anything new to our messy renovation war zone. Making all these choices was a lot of fun, now we just need to roll up our sleeves, do some more work, and watch the transformation come together. I hope to have a completed master bath by the end of the weekend, can't wait to share!
can't wait to see the pics - you guys are master redecorators!!
ReplyDelete