
10 years ago this week the class of 2001 and I proudly received our high school diplomas and our freedom! I am not one of those people who hated high school, but I'm also not one of those people that would go back if I could. It was great while it lasted. Senior year was one of the best years of my life thanks to all my hilarious friends, and even though I've lost touch with most of them, they are still friends I would do anything for.
We played a lot of cards. In fact looking through my Senior Memory Book today it seemed like most of the quotes I had written down were related to our Euchre obsession. For example:
"God, please give me a bag of money and a loner in Diamonds." - Ryan
"If you're playing cards again I'm going to rip them up... in your face!" - Mr. Demler
I haven't been able to zip up my prom dress for years, I've tried. I think I read somewhere that most people list their ideal weight as whatever they weighed in high school. I agree.
So much has changed in ten years. I remember graduating and being so excited to start the next chapter in my life, completely unable to picture what might be in store for me. It's neat to see how many of us now have degrees, masters, doctorates, spouses, babies, mortgages, and cell phones (a few privileged kids had them in high school, now it's hard to find anyone who doesn't have one)... somewhere in the ten years since we stood together in the Ryle gym we became adults.
It's fun to look back, but it's even more exciting to look forward at what the next ten years hold!
"Hearts is trump?! Yeah, I DON'T have all Spades." - Russ, sarcasm at its best
I haven't been able to zip up my prom dress for years, I've tried. I think I read somewhere that most people list their ideal weight as whatever they weighed in high school. I agree.
So much has changed in ten years. I remember graduating and being so excited to start the next chapter in my life, completely unable to picture what might be in store for me. It's neat to see how many of us now have degrees, masters, doctorates, spouses, babies, mortgages, and cell phones (a few privileged kids had them in high school, now it's hard to find anyone who doesn't have one)... somewhere in the ten years since we stood together in the Ryle gym we became adults.
It's fun to look back, but it's even more exciting to look forward at what the next ten years hold!

I like this, especially the pictures of my little Dusty :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post and all the pictures! I might have to steal the idea and do a post of some of my high school pics. It's so fun to look back. Can't believe it's been 10 years!!!
ReplyDelete