Friday, May 6, 2011

This one's for Mom

Mom: A Poem of Thanks



When I was wee,
Oh, the things she did for me!

She wiped my butt and my nose,
Put a coat on me so I never froze.

Made me Bananenbrei and Kaba each morning even though I was a grouch,
And ended the day reading me Räuber Hotzenplotz while snuggling on the couch.

She bathed me, groomed me, kept my hair in pigtails oh so stylin'-
Thanks to her my childhood was filled with me smilin'.

Then I got bigger, (5'2'' to be exact) and moved out on my own,
But her love and support didn't end just cause I'd grown.

Thanks for letting me do my own thing and go my own way,
Know that without all you taught me, I wouldn't have made it a day.

So hear ye, hear ye blog world: my Mom is the best!
If you don't believe me, Claudia will gladly attest.

Sorry I'm missing out on this weekend since I no longer live near,
But I wish you a very happy Mother's Day from down here!


Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    You make me feel so special! Your poem is a great Mother's Day present. Thank you very much. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - you have mad poetry skillz! I'm so impressed :)

    ReplyDelete