The blog hasn't been much of a priority lately, I'm too busy feeding and snuggling a baby round the clock. Kate's third week of life kind of revolved around her eating habits. On Monday at her two week check up we were surprised and disappointed to find out that she had not gained any weight. Thus began a slightly hectic schedule of supplementing after feedings, pumping, sessions with a lactation consultant, and multiple trips back to the pediatrician's office to recheck her weight this week. By Friday she had gained a tiny little bit, but not nearly enough for us to abandon our new regimen of "operation bulk up the baby." We go back again tomorrow morning and are hoping that she will finally turn the corner and start gaining more steadily.
Apart from her weight issues, she's the happiest little thing and shows no signs of being an unhealthy or hungry little girl. This week she started making more faces at us and we find ourselves laughing at her constantly. I know what most people come to the blog for is the pictures, so here's an overload of my favorite snapshots from the past week:
 |
| Yikes! Sock Monkey snuck up on me! |
 |
| I don't know how to read yet! |
The many faces of Kate:
 |
| I'm ready to fight against all these constant photos! |
 |
| 82 degrees on a Tuesday in January?! Ok, let's go for a walk! |
Just in time for her third week birthday, Kate's Grammie and Pop came to town.
 |
| Gameday ready. |
 |
| Everyone loves to gaze at baby Kate |
Can't wait to see what changes the next week will bring!
I know how stressful and tear-inducing feeding issues can be! You're doing great, and just know that this will soon pass, but it sure doesn't feel like it now. She's beautiful, and you look great!
ReplyDelete