Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One Month Old


Yesterday was Kate's one month birthday!  Poor thing spent the day fighting her first cold and sounded like the most pathetic (but adorable) congested piglet as she furiously tried to breathe.  Matt and I were sick too and I quickly learned that sneezing/coughing/blowing your nose even a month after a c-section is no fun.  However by today no one has a fever anymore and while we may be blowing our noses constantly, I think the worst is behind us.

This first month has been a lot of work, but with each day more of Kate's personality starts to evolve and makes her seem more like a little person and less like a hungry monster who only wants to eat.  She maintains eye contact now when you talk to her and smiles and coos.  There are days where she is a content baby, and then the next she might fuss like crazy for no apparent reason.

She loves snuggling and napping, luckily two of my favorite ways to spend our time off together, and she has won the hearts of all of her many visitors this past month.  This month has been a blur and sometimes it still hasn't totally sunken in that we have this perfect little daughter.  I'm really looking forward to everything yet to come as we watch her grow up.

5 comments:

  1. It is hard to believe she is already a month old.
    Sorry you all were sick and glad you are feeling better.
    Give Kate a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is already a month old!!! Where does the time go? I must come visit her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you all be up for traveling to Northern Kentucky? I can't wait to see you and meet Miss. Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiny girl!! Too cute :) - I feel like I just took that 1 month picture myself!!! I think Kate is a perfect little mix of the two of you...all matt on top of her face, but I think her little mouth and chin are all you :)

    Hope you are getting some rest!!

    ReplyDelete