Kate keeps making new friends! Earlier last week Brayden stopped by to bring us dinner, although he wasn't too interested in Kate until his mommy Samantha picked her up, then he got a bit jealous.
Several baby bumps have stopped by to see us too, I like to think of those as "future friends" for Kate even though the two who already know the genders are boys (Conner is due next week and Thomas will be here in April). Later in the summer our neighbors are expecting and when Kristin stopped by to visit I told her I hope it's a girl so Kate will have a friend up the street to play with.
This past weekend, Kate met our best friends from Kentucky and it was so good to see Pete, Laura, and Ellie. Ellie just keeps getting cuter every time we see her and she was adorable running around the house exclaiming, "Baby Kate!" and a few times adapting a more formal title of, "The Baby Kate." These girls will definitely be friends for life. The weather was surprisingly chilly for South Carolina (although it was warmer than the temps our visitors left behind them) but we were fine with spending a lazy weekend indoors playing with the kids.
 |
| Laura teaches Ellie to gently touch the baby with one finger only |
 |
| She's a fast learner! |
 |
| I guess it's obvious which child belongs with which head of hair |
I know we still have a long way until our baby is doing all the things Ellie can do, but it was really fun to get a glimpse into what our life will be like in about two years when we have a chatty, active toddler on the go in our house.
 |
| Checking out the baby |
 |
| So cute and smiley, ready to play |
 |
| Ellie can recite her books by heart, so I read her one she definitely didn't know yet (Hoppel Sucht Mama) |
We're so glad they made the trip, it only seemed right that Laura meet Kate as soon as possible since she's been my "go to" shoulder to cry on and ear to listen to me from the time I was trying to get pregnant, to all my questions during pregnancy, and now my many topics regarding motherhood. I'm so thankful that I have good friends who've already been there who are willing to reassure me and pass along their advice.
We've loved all the visitors who have come by to bring us meals, meet our baby, wish us well, and just spend time with our family. We feel very blessed that there are so many people who care about us and love our little girl.
Ha, that last picture of the two of you chillin in the chair is too cute!
ReplyDeleteI read this first on my phone. Much better on the computer.
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures, especially the last one. They all make me want to jump in the car and come see all of you.
Our trip to Lexington was good. It is not quite the same since you all moved.
Seeing the Crawfords again was great. Ellie is such a cutie.
The game was good. Sorry to say it was the first time we had ever gone and the place wasn't packed. The positive we won and we weren't crowded and the fans that were there were great.
Give Matt and Kate hugs and kisses.