I've had lots of visitors over the last month, but yesterday was the first time another baby came to visit!
 |
| Kate, meet your new pal Laing |
Laing and Kate didn't seem all that interested in each other, but we'll make sure that changes in the coming years. Even though Laing just turned one in November, seeing her next to a newborn made her seem extra grown up yesterday. It really is crazy to compare them and see how much can change in just a year and to think that a year from now we'll have a curious, walking, giggling child like Laing is right now.
 |
| Hello other small human! |
It was a lovely spring day in South Carolina (have I mentioned how much I love living here, especially while lots of the country is covered in snow) and we took the girls for a walk. If you knew Adam and Matt over a decade ago when they were college roommates, this next picture will particularly warm your heart...
 |
| A Saturday spent pushing strollers... we're definitely not in our twenties anymore |
 |
| Pure joy is going down a slide on a sunny day |
It was great to spend some time talking to Sarah since she can relate to all my post C-section woes and it was very encouraging to hear that in time things will get much better. She also put my mind at ease about sending Kate to daycare, pointing out advantages I hadn't considered like how just going to daycare everyday will automatically create a routine for Kate and bring some balance back to our schedule.
We love living close enough for weekend visits and know this is just the first of many play dates for our girls. Just for fun, I thought I'd throw in a picture from a few years back... you know, before we were Mommies, when we were well rested and able to have a night out:
 |
| Folly Beach 2010 - our only responsibility was making sure our tans were even |
A lot has changed since then, but we still have a great time whenever we all get together and something tells me watching our kids grow up with each other will be even more fun than our memories from our pre-kid days.
I love it! Can't wait to add to Kate's roster of friends this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteYea for friends. Glad you got to talk to another Mom who has been where you are now.
ReplyDelete