Saturday, January 26, 2013

2 Weeks Old

If you're thinking, "I can't believe that baby is two weeks old already"... well, for me it's been a long two weeks.  Feeding a baby around the clock means I never have any idea what day it is anymore.  I knew a baby would be a lot of work physically, but I don't think I factored in how mentally draining the newborn stage would be as well.  I've definitely had my share of new parent insecurities and emotional meltdowns.  It's hard to think clearly when you're not getting more than two hours of sleep at a time.

Kate continues to make all the sleepless nights worth it though, and we fall in love with her more each day.  We've been lucky to have my Mom in town all week as our personal chef, maid, and baby holder which has helped tremendously since having a c-section has been a major physical setback for me.

Cuddle time with Oma
Here's what we've learned about our baby so far...

Favorite time of day to eat: Anytime

Favorite facial expression: Grumpy (although her personality is pleasant, she just looks grumpy a lot)

She may look annoyed, but the swing was a hit
Favorite way to burn energy: Screaming fits for no apparent reason, for hours at a time

Reaction to her first tummy time: Indifferent

Good effort, little one
Favorite way to fall asleep: Snuggled up against someone


Reaction to her first bath: Seemed to enjoy the bath, but not being removed from it

Ahh, this is relaxing

Why did you pull me out of the warm bath?

Hobbies: Hiccuping (this girl gets them all the time), scratching her face, making messes in diapers within 5 minutes of receiving a clean one, and escaping her swaddle

Likes: Her car seat, and the ocean noises on her sound machine

Hmm... Your hair looks like mine.

Yup, this is how I feel too.
On Monday we go for her two week check up, and I can't wait to see how much she's grown and to get professional confirmation that all her quirks and fussy times are normal and not a reflection of poor parenting.  She changes everyday and I can't wait to see what she will do next and who this little person will become.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great! You both look beautiful. I KNOW how hard those first two weeks are, I barely remember Everett's first two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin cute! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and I are getting so excited about our visit.

    ReplyDelete