Sunday, January 20, 2013

Meeting Oma and Opa

Just in time for Kate's one week old birthday, my parents and Claudia made the trip to South Carolina to meet the newest family member.  They were completely smitten from the moment they saw her.
The first meeting

Aunt Claudia can't believe how tiny Kate is

Love at first sight
What followed, as expected, was a weekend of passing the baby around and staring at her for hours on end.  No one could get enough of that sweet face.




A week post-surgery and Kate and I are slowly recovering from all we went through last weekend.  Everyday things get a bit easier and I've quickly adapted to life without continuous sleep.  Of course sometimes I feel like this:
Really? You're crying again?!
 But most of the time I'm completely happy, soaking up all those wonderful baby snuggles:

I feel like she looks different everyday and learns new adorable facial expressions everytime I look at her.  It's been a crazy but amazing week and little Kate is so blessed to have already met some of the people who will mean the most to her in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment