Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snickerdoodles

You might remember my post last year about cookie baking with my mom and sister.  One of the downsides of our new geographical location is that I will miss out this year on our holiday baking tradition.  Instead of letting it make me sad, yesterday I decided to turn up some Christmas music, roll up the sleeves of my holiday t-shirt, and make a batch of Snickerdoodles.
                                      
As I gently rolled the buttery dough in a bath of cinnamon and sugar the tasty smells in the kitchen were definitely getting me in the holiday spirit.  I even plated them on my special "Cookies for Santa" plate, poured a big glass of milk, and put on my antlers before I called Matt downstairs for a cookie break from his online holiday shopping spree.

Don't you wish you had a cookie baking reindeer in your kitchen?
They were delicious!  Next weekend I might even be bold enough to try to make the family favorite, Vanillekipferl, on my own.  Hope you've been enjoying your favorite Christmas goodies so far this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment