Thursday, December 22, 2011

One Year Later

Today is my birthday.  Birthdays are always a fun time to look back and to look forward to the next year.  Today I can't help but be amazed at how far I've come in just one year of my life.  Let's compare...

Last year on my birthday I did not have a job or a house.  I woke up on an air mattress in Matt's apartment and spent the day waiting for my phone to ring with confirmation from the bank that the money from our closing had finally cleared the account so we could go get our certified check for the downpayment we needed the next day. 

This year on my birthday I have a job I like (and a boss who yesterday surprised me with an extra vacation day to use before the end of the year so I'm home being a lazy birthday bum packing up for our Christmas adventures), and a beautiful, cozy home:


28 started out without a lot of unknowns for me and ended up being one of the best years ever.  I can't wait to see what 29 brings this coming year!  Tomorrow we hit the road to see our families for the holiday, so this is likely my last blog until after Christmas.  I wish you all a wonderful, very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment