Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Extravaganza

Among the many great presents we unwrapped in 3 different states over 3 days were this great hat and scarf my mom knit for us.
We're back from our holly jolly Christmas tour, and it was delightful. I guess everyone we love was pretty good this year, because we all got gifts...

Round 1: Friday morning in SC at our house before we left
Me-
Matt-
  Ellie-

Round 2: Christmas Eve in KY with the Macks 
Stephen-
 Claudia-
                                            
Charlotte-
  Mom-
 Dad-

Round 3: Christmas Day in TN at the Wheeler's 
John-

 Peggy-
 Matt (again!) -
 Me (again!) -
Our families are great.  It was extra special this year since it was the first Christmas for the newlyweds, and having Stephen under the tree with us felt like a missing piece had finally been found.  There was delicious food everywhere we went, cozy fireplaces, epic showdowns playing Hab Acht and Phase 10, Elf night, birthday cake, Pazzo's, an intense road trip battle of Antler Spy, Wreath Rack, and Bow Nose (Matt won all three this year, it was super close but I'm still hanging my head in shame), stockings overflowing with chocolates, Christmas carols, and warm and fuzzy memories that will last year round.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Christmas and birthdays! Hope both of were great for you!

    And I'm really confused - who's Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is Pete and Laura's little girl, we saw them Friday night. I probably should have mentioned we visited them so people don't think we kidnapped a random red headed cutie!

    ReplyDelete