Monday, January 10, 2011
Snow Day!
Well... I guess I was wrong when I thought I had moved far south enough to escape winter weather. This morning we woke up to about 5 inches of fluffy snow, with more coming down and expected to continue all day! Here I am standing in disbelief next to my driveway:
Here's the mailbox with our snow covered house in the background:
Luckily Matt received a "snow day!" text this morning from work so he's off today to play in the winter wonderland with me, judging by the news it sounds like everything is closed. It's supposed to change over to freezing rain and ice around noon and then conditions are expected to get worse. Hopefully we won't lose power or have to go out in this mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for snow days! Will you be building a snow man?
ReplyDeleteIt's too powdery to build anything... I tried to make a snowball to throw at Matt and it wouldn't pack properly!
ReplyDeleteGirl the state of South Carolina may kick you two out. You move in and here comes the snow. Beautiful snow. We had some too and John had a snow day as well.
ReplyDeleteI don't think Mom and them got any though. I saw Claudia's video of Charlotte playing in the snow, very cute.
Stay safe and warm