Friday, January 7, 2011

Bowl Game Festivities

Last year we had our friends over to watch the Kentucky football team lose our bowl game.

I even made special UK football cookies for last year's game:

Since the cookies, (and our house in Kentucky) didn't seem to help us win, this year we're taking a different approach... our friends are coming down to South Carolina to watch tomorrow's game at our new house and instead of cookies, I baked a Kentucky chocolate chip cake:I feel I should give a shout out to my creative gift giving mother-in-law Peggy since she gave me the cookie cutters last Christmas and then this Christmas the UK cake pan. Thanks! Hopefully the cake will be lucky and it can become a new tradition for future bowl games. The Crawford's are on the road right now heading down from Kentucky and the Bitters' will be coming from Charlotte once they get off work later today. I can't wait to have the house full again of people we love!

2 comments:

  1. So glad the pan worked ok. Your cake looks delicious. Hope it works for the bowl game, if not I am afraid I may be out of options for helping the Cats win with culinary devices.
    Hope the Crawford's journey was uneventful. The weather was not nice today for traveling.
    Enjoy your company and Go Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good friends and bowl games!! To bad our Cats didn't play well - but the cake AND the jello UK were great!

    ReplyDelete