When we first moved in two weeks ago (I can't believe that's all it's been) we told the mover's to put the dining room table in the dining room:

However, after a few romantic dinners in the pale blue room (which is on my list of rooms to paint, it's a nice color, but it doesn't feel very dining room appropriate to me) lit by the vintage brass lanter chandelir (on my list of things to replace) it seemed that our old dining room table felt lost in such a large room. What's a bored, unemployed housewife to do but rearrange?

I moved it into our breakfast nook and it fits great! We had been thinking of getting a round table for the bay window, but this table is small enough and the dark wood matches the cabinets nicely so now we'll just be on the hunt for a larger dining room table instead. This photo might also be the first peek blog world has gotten of my wallpaper. I disliked that busy pansy covered print from the moment I saw it, right along with my hatred for the blue saggy curtains. Actually, as far as wallpaper goes, the pattern could be a lot worse. I just think the floral wallpaper look doesn't feel very modern so I intend to change it someday. For now though we're still settling in and playing with the furniture, the hard stuff can wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment