 |
| 4/08/13: Mommy's first day back to work, Baby's first day of daycare |
Thanks everyone for thinking of us this week and sorry if I haven't responded to your sweet texts, e-mails, and phone calls... it's been a bit busy around here. Monday was very emotional for me and I spent the afternoon bawling at my desk missing my baby surrounded with piles of paperwork to catch up on after a three month leave.
The good news is, Kate loves daycare. She is happy and smiley when we drop her off and pick her up. She's sleeping longer stretches at night (five hours two nights in a row!!) since she's worn out from playing with all her new friends. Knowing that she is not traumatized is making things easier for me to handle too.
 |
| Multi-tasking |
I go during my lunch break to feed Kate and visit and it's the highlight of my day.
 |
| Playtime on the floor! |
I know it will take a few weeks before we're used to our new routine and that it's normal for me to have a harder time with the adjustment than my child.
 |
| Hanging out in her daycare crib, so much new to see and do! |
I'm so glad the weekend is coming up for us to have some much needed rest and family time together!
You're doing it, girl! Kudos to you and Kate! I envy your lunchtime snuggle sessions :) Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you all week, and am glad to hear things are going well. I'm so glad that Kate is doing well with the transition, and glad to hear you're making it! :) That sweet girl keeps getting cuter every day!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize this was the week! I'm sorry that it's been hard, but I think that's totally normal. And I'm glad that she loves it!! What a blessing! Hang in there - you're a great mom!
ReplyDeleteI miss baby kate!!
ReplyDelete