Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two Months Old



Our precious baby girl is two months old today!  Her second month was much better than her first from a weary parent's perspective.  She started sleeping three, sometimes four, hour stretches at night (I never thought I'd be so excited about four hours of sleep.  Of course there are nights where she's back to her original exactly every two hours of waking and eating too.  One miraculous night she went close to five hours, but that hasn't happened again yet.)  Kate has started smiling back at us which is the sweetest thing ever and makes me forget all the times of the day when instead of smiling she's fussing.  She gets very cranky very quickly when she's tired or hungry, but we're getting much better at reading her cues and knowing why she's screaming her head off.  Unfortunately sometimes the only reason she's screaming is just because she wants to scream for a bit and get out some energy.

Her eyes are lightening up, they will probably continue to change over the next few months and I'm curious to see what color they end up.  Her hair was thinning out in a few places, but because she has so much of it you can hardly tell.  She is also getting some adorable squishy, chubby thighs and cheeks.  I can't wait until later this week to hear her measurements at her two month check up, she looks longer everyday!

Likes: being held for naps, staring at the ceiling fan and lights, car rides, and slobbering all over her fist as she tries to eat it

Dislikes: bedtime

Firsts this last month: road trip, prescription medication, shopping trip, intentional smile, and conversation of babbling and cooing

We love you Baby Kate!  These have been the two most sleep deprived and joyful months of my life.  So honored to be your Mama.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you got the 2 month post up before the day was even half over!! Sounds like you're getting into the swing of things - love those chunky thighs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty girl! And yay for longer sleep stretches! I remember very clearly celebrating the first 5 hour stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to your blog everyday to check and to see Miss Kate.
    I am happy that she is sleeping better.
    See you soon.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete