Lots of pictures in this post because we had the best family reunion this weekend in Hendersonville, NC to celebrate my Dad's upcoming 60th birthday. I might even come back with another post about the weekend because most of these are from Claudia's camera, I haven't had a chance to load ours yet.
Kate met her uncle Stephen for the first time, and the were instantly best pals:
![]() |
| The view from our deck |
The weekend was supposed to be all about Dad, but somehow little Katherine stole the show.

It didn't seem like the birthday boy minded that all the attention went to his granddaughter.
Not only did Kate meet Stephen for the first time, she also met Claudia's dog Charlotte for the first time.
![]() |
| She did seem interested in her new toy from Uncle Stephen though |

![]() |

| Kate is not amused by Daddy's puppet in a toy shop |
| Relaxing on a sunny day |
I loved spending time with them this weekend!
![]() |
| Kate with her favorite aunt- going to have to frame this sweet photo |










That kid is CUTE! And yes, frame that last one, it's super sweet! So, did you spend the weekend away from your house?! Where did Kate sleep? Did you sleep in the same room with her? I don't know, maybe you do that at home, too, but I remember our first weekend away with Sylvia and it was the first time I had to sleep in the same room with her and it was AWFUL. I didn't sleep a wink because babies are LOUD when they sleep (well, mine are, at least.) You look absolutely beautiful, so if you're not well rested and pleasant in all of those picks then you sure have me fooled!
ReplyDeleteYup, it was her first time away from home. We took our Fisher Price Rock n' Play for her to sleep in, she actually sleeps in most nights in her room anyway. You're so right though, she was very loud and kept me up this weekend being in the same room as us with her constant noises in her sleep- grunting, squealing, snorting, etc. She did pretty good all weekend and was great in the car, but when we got back yesterday she had a terrible afternoon and evening crying constantly, I guess the change of scenery and excitement all weekend was a bit much for her. Thanks for the sweet comment!
DeleteSo glad you had such a good trip - can't wait to hear all the extra details and little stories :)
ReplyDelete