Monday, December 31, 2012
Week 39
How far along: 39 weeks
Best moment this week: Time off from work for the New Year's holiday. Wearing shoes, driving my car, and concentrating on work are increasingly difficult so it was great to have another shortened work week.
What's new with baby: She's about the size of a mini watermelon, getting ready to greet the world by adding layers of fat. At my 39 week appointment there was some concern regarding my/her measurements, although it could just be a result of edema and extra fluids, but as a precaution we'll be doing a BPP (biophysical profile) of the baby at my 40 week appointment. Her activity level hasn't decreased any which is a good sign and even though I'd rather see her in person, I'm looking forward to another glimpse on the ultrasound.
Mom is feeling: Restless. I know technically I haven't even reached my due date yet, but I'm increasingly antsy to end this part of the journey. The midwife reminded me that a baby isn't considered post term or late until 42 weeks, and since I currently show zero signs of labor progress her guess is that this pregnancy will go past the official due date. If I wasn't so uncomfortable at this stage I wouldn't mind the extra time to prepare and relax, but lately it seems all I can focus on are the things I can't do easily and I'm ready to meet her.
Weight gain: I won't mention how much higher the doctor's office scale said I was than the one at home. At home I'm up 34 pounds, so we'll stick with that. It's at the high end of where ideally I should be ending this pregnancy, but as puffy as I've gotten here at the end, I'm hoping it's all just extra fluids and not fat.
Wardrobe: None of my shoes fit well anymore and even some of my maternity clothes don't stretch far enough to cover the bump. If I end up working for two more weeks I'm not sure how showing up barefoot in sweatpants will go over at the office but it might be my only option.
Cravings: Anything sweet.
Missing: Sleeping in my own bed. Sadly it's too high (and it really isn't even all that high) for me to easily get in and out of constantly during the night so I've moved across the hall to the twin bed. It's lonely, but it's low to the ground and I can roll out of it.
Scared about: Complications or interventions with the birth.
Excited about: What a memorable, fun, challenging, rewarding, and blessed year 2013 will be for us as we become parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was hoping there would be a 39 weeks blog today - as it is Monday - thanks for not disappointing :-)
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait for baby girl to arrive - Pete and I have amended our 'no technology at the dinner table' rule to allow for text messages indicating her possible arrival!!
Glad you've stayed positive, even as you've gotten less comfortable. You're in for such a treat when you become a mom - can't wait!! The love just grows and grows, I still can't believe it myself. (*cue the tears*)
Ack!! There's a BABY in there! A real person who will look exactly the same on the day she's born as she does RIGHT NOW! Crazy!!!
ReplyDeleteI know this last sprint to the finish is a mind game, but hang in there, it's totally worth it! Happy New Year to all three Wheelers! Come oooon, baby girl!