| Yes, there's a bow on my belly. I was hoping our Christmas present this year would be a baby, but she doesn't seem to want to arrive early. |
I got lots of very thoughtful things, like the Keurig K-Cup coffee maker from Matt so that this soon-to-be tired Mama can quickly brew a fancy cup of coffee. My parents gave me new PJ's and a lightweight robe that will be perfect for my hospital visit and beyond so I can stumble into the nursery in the middle of the night in style and comfort. Matt's parents got me a Kindle Paperwhite which I will love for easy reading while I'm home the next few months. I was so excited that I spent most of the evening downloading books from the library and Amazon and have already spent most of today reading one.
Matt got a lot of great things too, he's been busy playing with his fancy new camera lens that is designed for getting clear shots of subjects on the move, like a squirmy little baby.
Of course all holiday long we've been talking about how different next Christmas will be when there's a little one playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes. The countdown is in the single digits and I can't help but wonder if the next blog post will be titled "39 weeks" or "She's HERE!" Your guess is as good as mine.
Tomorrow it's back to work, but these few days of rest and relaxation have been wonderful and much needed. I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!
DANG! Why is there no NAME on that baby's stocking! Oh well, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait another week (or two...or three? I won't go there.)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Wheelers! You're in for a wild ride next Christmas. I'm glad you got to spend this one quietly sitting next to each other. Because quiet and sitting are not in your Christmas future. But it's worth it!
Pete and I tried to ask Ellie tonight at dinner when she thinks baby Wheeler will be born. She couldn't quite narrow it down, but dates she repeated were 30th, 31st, and 2nd! At first I was thinking she'd come before the new year, but now I think 1/3/13 could be a pretty cool birthday. Your Christmas looks like it was so much fun - glad you enjoyed it and were able to relax!!
ReplyDelete