Monday, December 17, 2012
Week 37
How far along: 37 weeks
Best moment this week: Christmas arrived on our doorstep today! There was even a stuffed stocking for the baby! I love this time of year, and how thoughtful some people are, I can't wait to see what's in all the packages next week.
What's new with baby: As I already mentioned earlier this week, the baby is now considered full term because her lungs are mature enough to adjust to life outside the womb. The longer she can go past the 37 week mark though, the better. She'll just keep getting stronger. She probably weighs over 6 pounds and is around 19 inches long. I don't think she's "dropped" yet because I haven't felt any relief from the little feet in my ribcage, taking a deep breath is still a struggle for me. Even though her current home is running out of space, she still manages to move a lot and remains a very active inhabitant. She loves playing tag with Matt, he'll nudge her and tell her she's "it" and she quickly pokes right back to let him know that he's "it" instead.
Mom is feeling: Ready. I'm ready to hold my baby, I'm ready to have some time off work (I've been exhausted lately, I know that feeling isn't going to go away with a newborn, but at least I won't have to look presentable and act professional), I'm ready to be able to put socks on my own feet unassisted, I'm ready to go longer than 30 minutes without a bathroom break, and I'm ready to see, kiss and tickle those little feet, elbows, hands, and arms that keep poking me.
Weight gain: 31 pounds
Wardrobe: No more wedding ring for me. I can get it on fine in the morning, but by the evening my poor fingers are all puffy and swollen (like the rest of me). Out of context it sounds really bad: we're not sleeping in the same room anymore and I quit wearing my rings.
Cravings: Nope.
Missing: Being able to do anything without getting completely exhausted and achy. A trip to the kitchen for a glass of water sometimes sounds too daunting a task for this awkward, weary body to manage. Everyday I reach a new low of "I'm pretty sure I could do that yesterday without needing a 20 minute nap to recover." and I miss the energy and capabilities I once took for granted.
Scared about: A smooth delivery. I know whatever happens will be God's plan and somehow she will get out, but there are some routes which I think would be easier than others... although none sound pleasant. My biggest fear is having a C-section, even though I know many babies (including me) who safely made it into the world that way, the thought of being sliced open really freaks me out.
Excited about: My birthday. I used to dread thirty, just because it sounded so grown up and boring. However, as I turn thirty with a loving husband, good job, beautiful home, and little baby on the way... being an "adult" doesn't seem like a bad thing at all, in fact I'm really looking forward to the next decade and all the joys of parenting I'll get to experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pigtails, I wore my hair like that many years ago.
ReplyDeleteGlad your Christmas arrived safely. You never know.