Monday, December 24, 2012

Week 38


How far along: 38 weeks

Best moment this week:  There are too many to choose from!  Christmas, a baby shower/birthday party at the Melting Pot with friends, a Christmas party, and of course a relaxing holiday weekend to catch up on sleep... there's been a lot of fun and celebrations this week!

What's new with baby:  She is probably 19 inches long, and anywhere from 6.5 to 7 pounds- about the size of a celery bunch!  She continues to kick often and is practicing her breathing for that first breath very soon.  Her organs are all mature and she will just continue fattening up until she decides to arrive.  Her heart rate and positioning at my weekly appointments are perfect.

Mom is feeling:  Miserable.  After about 36 weeks of one of the easiest pregnancies anyone could ask for, I have hit the whiny, uncomfortable stage of this journey.  Good thing it's almost over.  Sleep is impossible, between constant trips to the bathroom and sharp twinges of pain as I try to find a good position. Every time I stand up from sitting down I start moaning like a creaky old person, which is how I feel, with pain in my back and joints.  My feet and ankles are so swollen that hardly any shoes fit, even first thing in the morning after sleeping in compression socks with them propped up!  After a day at work I don't even recognize my puffy, pathetic feet.

Weight gain: Around 32 pounds

Wardrobe:  I got some maternity yoga pants for my birthday that I think I will wear everyday from now until she is born (and probably everyday post partum as well).  They are so stretchy and comfy.  It's a good thing the dress code in the office around the holidays is more casual than normal especially since none of my nice shoes fit.

Cravings:  Whatever my Mom is making for Christmas dinner... it's always a delicious feast and it's strange to be missing it this year.  I think I'll put in a special request for when she comes to visit next month and we'll celebrate a belated holiday with the newest member of the family!

Missing: Sleep.

Scared about:  Nothing.  The positive side of being uncomfy is that it makes me want to go into labor.  I know it will hurt, but right now the thought of being able to bend at my waist again seems worth it.

Excited about:  The countdown keeps getting smaller!  We may not know exactly when she's coming, but with each day that passes I know I'm one day closer.  We bought groceries yesterday and it was very exciting to think that she could be here before some of the expiration dates on the food we bought.  It's getting very close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment