I like cooking, but I'm lazy when I get home from work in the evenings and I hate grocery shopping. This means that during the week our meals are mediocre at best. On the weekends though, I enjoy trying new recipes. Last weekend I made a salmon stir fry (I found the recipe on the blog of a friend of a friend
here) and it turned out great!
 |
| I'm pretty proud of this, my meals don't usually look like they belong in a food magazine |
Stir fry is so quick and easy I'm thinking we need to do it more often. As a bonus, there's only one pan to clean when you're done! This dish included fresh salmon, bean sprouts, ginger, tomatoes, red onions, brown sugar, soy sauce, and chopped cilantro to top it off.
 |
| Mmm... wish you could smell this wok |
Of course we took advantage of a "real" dinner and ate at our new dining room table. I made white rice as a side dish to smother with the scrumptious salmon.
 |
| Almost too pretty to eat. Almost. |
Another delicious, relatively fast dining option we had last weekend was fish tacos. I was craving Taco Boy and thought it should be easy enough to mimic their menu items at home. I fried some tilapia chunks that I breaded with panko crumbs after they had been marinating in lime juice. Then we just cut up some red cabbage, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro and wrapped them up in a corn tortilla using a bit of chipotle mayo as a sauce.
 |
| Glad we got a photo before we gobbled these up, they didn't last long |
Since we had all the ingredients on hand we ate these again the other night but used shrimp instead of tilapia, and they were equally satisfying. I'm always looking for new ideas, so if there's anything easy and yummy you can recommend send those recipes my way!
looks delish! can the salmon be made in a skillet? (we don't own a wok)
ReplyDelete