I feel like when I started this blog there was so much going on with us to report on (selling a house, moving, finding a new house, peeling wallpaper, etc.) but now, a year later life is back to normal and our day to day really isn't that interesting to blog or read about. Looking back though, the blog has been a great journal to document our move and I think even the boring posts (like this one) will be interesting someday for me to look back on as a documentation of what my life was like in the spring of 2012. I have started working on a scrapbook of the blog so that I have a hard copy.
I realized I haven't put together a photo album since our wedding album, we never seem to order prints of our digital pictures, and I'm looking forward to having a book of my blog entries and pictures to flip through for years to come. As you can see from the mess above, it's turning out to be more work than I anticipated.
So what have we been up to lately? Here is a snapshot:
*It was in the eighties this week. Our AC is on, there are flip flops on my feet, and we've grilled burgers outside... all in the last week of February/first week of March.
*We've been trying to exercise more. My new motto is, "don't be a fatty." I'm not saying that I currently am one, I just want to strive never to become one. I wrote it on our fridge in hopes to make me think twice before snacking.
*I joined a women's small group through our church at the beginning of the year. It's hard not to compare it to the girls of Jethro's Tent (my Bible study in KY), but hopefully in time we will all get to know each other as well as I knew those women. Our group is pretty diverse as far as what stage in life we are all in, but it's interesting how no matter how old we are, single or married, in school or fully employed... we all struggle with some of the same issues and can learn a lot from each other.
*I continue to be amazed at how little SC natives know about the sport of basketball. Here are some excerpts from actual conversations I have had lately at work:
-Ignorant co-worker #1: When is the BCS tournament?
-Me: The NCAA tournament?
-Ignorant co-worker #2: Do you think Kentucky will still get to go to tournament if they don't win the SEC?
-Me: Yes.
(What I wanted to say: We're #1! We've been #1 for months! We are NOT a bubble team!)
-Ignorant co-worker #3: What's the Final Four? Is that a basketball thing?
-Me: Yes.
Now I understand that not everyone loves basketball. I don't love football, but I know what the Super Bowl is and who is playing in it. March Madness is a current event, even if you don't follow it or care, if you watch the news or your home page is MSN, you should at least know that it is going on this month just like it does every single year. Speaking of basketball, our game just started so it's time for me to wrap this up!

No comments:
Post a Comment