"South Carolina has three regional styles. In western parts of the state, along the Savannah River, a peppery tomato or ketchup-based sauce is common. In the central part of the state (the Midlands), barbecue is characterized by the use of a yellow "Carolina Gold" sauce, made from a mixture of yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and other spices. In the coastal "Pee Dee" region, they use the whole hog, and use a spicy, watery, vinegar-and-pepper sauce. In Piedmont area of the state shoulders, hams, or Boston butts are used." -Wikipedia
Our culinary adventures continued Saturday when we had lunch at Pawley's Front Porch, known for having the best, most creative burgers in town.
I'd been there for lunch with work and have been wanting to take Matt back ever since. The burger's are mostly named for beaches and islands around SC, I ordered the Sullivan's. It had guacamole, grilled pineapple, chipotle mayo and cheddar jack cheese on it.
Oh yum, I ate every bite along with the cinnamon sprinkled sweet potato fries. After we gorged ourselves at Pawley's we wandered through some shops and found our way to the River Walk.
![]() |
| www.scgreatoutdoors.com/park-westcolumbiariverwalk.html |
The spanish moss is everywhere down here... bet you didn't know that it makes for a beautiful headpiece. Thanks Matt, for always making sure your wife looks spiffy (see exhibit A, a gift from my hubby)!
![]() |
| Exhibit A |
After our nature walk, we hit the Starbuck's for an afternoon pick me up so that I'd have energy for the basketball game. I've already told you how much fun we had there, so you can tell that we had a fun weekend all around.
On a sidenote, the Riverwalk had a display about how they dam the river at the water treatment facility and I could not resist posing with the cut out poster. Let me just say, I love a good cut out photo op. Therefore, to end this blog entry, I thought I'd leave you with a look back at some of my dorkiest poster poses...
![]() |
| Columbia Riverwalk - February 2012 |
| Charleston Aquarium - June 2008 |
| Dutch settler in Aruba - November 2005 |
| Memphis zoo - July 2004 |










No comments:
Post a Comment