My parents left this morning after visiting us for the last week. Unfortunately it rained a lot, but we still had fun and it seems like they enjoyed exploring Columbia while Matt and I were at work during the week. They also spent a few days visiting old friends in Charlotte. Here are a few highlights from their trip:

We went to the South Carolina State Museum last Sunday. Above I am fulfilling a lifelong dream of holding a Civil War musket, and below I found a hat in the gift shop that will allow me to look the part of a Confederate soldier- reenactments here I come! Just kidding. I have never been very interested in wars, but it was a nice museum with more than just exhibits about state history.

During the week they went to the Columbia zoo,

the Congaree State forest,

visited me at work,

and relaxed in our backyard.

It means so much to me that even though we've moved far away, our families are more than willing to make the trip to see us. Come again anytime!
I wish you could have seen my face when I read that you were 'fulfilling a lifelong dream of holding a Civil War musket'!! hilarious! Glad your folks came to visit - looks like they had a good time. MISS YOU!!!
ReplyDelete