On April 3, 2005 Matt and I went hiking at the Red River Gorge in Kentucky.


I'll always remember that day because at the top of one of the cliffs he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. We thought it would be appropriate to spend today, our six year proposaliversary, doing some hiking again. Last week my parents visited the Congaree Forest and told us it was worth checking out so we decided to go there.


It was beautiful and really unique, I've never wandered through a swamp before. We picked the perfect time of year to go, which the mosquito meter at the visitor's center confirmed:

Originally we planned on taking one of the trails off of the boardwalk, but due to all the rain last week we quickly realized this was not the best time to go off the path. In fact, there were several spots where even the boardwalk was underwater! That didn't scare us off though...

Yup, we just walked right through it!

The weather was perfect and as you can tell from all the photos in this blog post, Matt got some really great pictures of the trees, water, roots, spanish moss, and scenery.

I didn't get any jewelry at the end of this adventure, just some wet socks and fun memories!
Yay happy proposaliversary!
ReplyDeleteI remember the day you got engaged!! So sweet!! The swamp looks really cool - great images, Matt.
ReplyDelete