Saturday, April 16, 2011

Old School

I think most women have a group of girl friends where no matter how much time has passed since you last saw each other, when you get together it feels like none has passed at all. The bond I share with these lovely ladies goes waaaaay back... We survived elementary, middle, and high school together. We were there for each other through awkward hair, awful fashion, braces, crushes, and so much more. There's a common history and enough inside jokes between us that we will be friends for life even though I moved to Kentucky after tenth grade and left the clique behind.

Now that I'm living back in the Carolinas it was time to reconnect especially since our group has grown in the last year and I needed to meet the next generation! I headed up to Charlotte for the day to have lunch with the girls and see Emily's adorable son Caleb.He is such a cutie and did great at the restaraunt. His only outburst was when Miquel spilled her ice water on his socks and pants... but who wouldn't cry at that?He was all smiles again after Emily took those cold wet pants off of him:Twelve years later and I still love hanging out with these girls! It only took an hour and a half to drive up to Charlotte and visit so hopefully we'll be seeing each other again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be able to connect with someone you haven't seen in a while. You just pick up where you left off.
    I have several good friends that I am able to do that with.
    God has certainly blessed me and you as well.

    ReplyDelete