Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend with the Wheelers

This weekend was a blur...but if you can look past my poor photography you'll see that Matt's parents were in town for a visit!

Friday night we went to Macaroni Grill for dinner, the perfect end to my very busy first week at my new job. On Saturday it was chilly and raining so we went driving around downtown Columbia. The rain let up some and we walked around Five Points, an area of downtown with shops and restaurants, it was foggy and overcast but here's a picture I found online of what it would have looked like on a pretty day:
We stayed up last night to watch another heartbreaking loss for the Cats and then this morning John and Peggy headed back home. It was great to show them our new house and the area and it's always fun to have family around.

Today the weather was nice so Matt and I continued working on trimming back our crazy overgrown bushes, shrubs, and plants around our patio. I wish I had taken a "before" picture, because we couldn't believe how much more patio we uncovered as we kept cutting back the layers.
It ended up adding around two feet extra patio depth in some places! The part of the concrete that looks darker is all the new space that was wet underneath the jungle, we had no idea that the patio went back so far, it was a nice surprise:

Tomorrow it's back to work for week two at the new job! My first week was a bit overwhelming, it will take some time before I learn their software and processes, but everyone is very friendly and I can tell I'm going to enjoy working with such a close knit and laid back group of people. I hope you all had a nice weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment