Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby shower bound!

{Pic stolen from here}

Once upon a time (Spring Break 2003), Matt and I went to the beach with our friend Pete. Whilst on that fateful voyage, Pete dragged us a few towns over to meet up with a girl he liked. We were free loading at Pete's dad's house in Florida so we figured the polite thing to do was humor this crush and chaperone his first "date" with Laura. Looking back now at how good of friends the four of us became makes it neat that we were there at the very beginning of their relationship. When Laura let it slip that she was pregnant the night before Matt moved to South Carolina, I knew no matter what state I lived in I'd be there for her baby shower and back again to hold that sweet baby girl when she arrives.

We're leaving tomorrow after work, stopping over in Oak Ridge, and then Saturday morning we'll be Kentucky bound for her baby shower! I haven't been back to the Bluegrass state since we moved and I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends on this trip, even if it is a super short one. I'll take lots of pictures of what I'm sure will be adorable loot Laura receives and try to post Sunday night when we get back.


1 comment:

  1. aww! I'm crying! thanks for the sweet post - can't wait to see you!!1

    ReplyDelete