Sunday, February 13, 2011

Harbison State Forest

It was another beautiful spring-like weekend so we loaded up the mountain bikes and headed to Harbison State Forest, only about 10 minutes from our house. Here I am in the driveway, still full of energy before the ride began:
This is the second time I've been there and the trails are in good condition even with the many bumpy spots and roots to dodge along the way.You know if someone like me can keep up they can't be too difficult. After a few miles though my legs start burning and those hills start looking a lot bigger and steeper than at the beginning.

Matt is always patiently waiting for me at the top of big hills and cheering me on, he believes in my exhausted legs more than I do. Two weeks ago when we went I nicknamed one hill "Everest." Today we tried a different trail to avoid Everest, but instead we found what I will refer to from now on as "Kilamanjaro."
It was a great workout and completely wore me out. After our ride we came home and collapsed on the couch. We started watching a movie but I fell asleep and missed part of it. I love that it's early February and we've already been mountain biking twice this year! I can't wait to see how the forest changes once spring really gets here and hopefully it will be shady enough that we can even go in the hot summer. Hope the weekend weather was nice wherever you are and that you got out and enjoyed it too!

1 comment:

  1. We had a beautiful day here too. The whole week is going to be pretty maybe not quite as warm as y'all but much better.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete