Saturday, February 19, 2011

81

There's lots of things making me happy this weekend. Yesterday it was 81 degrees here. In February. That's 27 degrees Celsius for all my European readers (Hi Katharina!). I got to leave work at noon and came home to put on shorts and flip flops. Today it's in the mid seventies and I'm barefoot again:As you may have noticed, not only am I barefoot, but I'm in my hammock. I had just woken up from a nap. This morning Matt and I rode our bikes and after a tasty lunch of Bruegger's Bagels climbing into the hammock seemed like a great idea. Spring will be here in no time, there are buds all over our yard and trees, I even spotted this first bloom today:

I don't know what it is, but I'm sure Mom will let me know. Another exciting thing is that yesterday I received my first paycheck of 2011! It feels great to be a contributing member of the household again. Along with my paycheck they also gave me two tickets to the UK vs. SC baseball game in April. As I've said before, it's nice to work for appreciative, thoughtful people. Now that all the moving expenses are behind us and I'm earning money again, the wheels are definitely turning in our minds about which home improvements we want to tackle first. I've been itching to start on the kitchen since the day we moved in, stay tuned to see if that becomes our Spring 2011 project.

And last, but definitely not least, one of the things making me happy this weekend is the news yesterday that my friend Justin's wife Libby is now cancer free. A lot of you have been following her journey on her blog, but if you haven't and you want to be inspired and challenged I encourage you to read it from the beginning. Whenever I felt like complaining about anything in my life the past few months I'd remember how Libby, a young mom and wife, was trusting God in the midst of her lymphoma and I'd quickly adjust my perspective.

Greetings from the hammock, have a nice Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. so jealous of your weather! glad you get some much-deserved time to relax in the sun - can't wait to see you Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!!!! I want a hammock so bad! (And 80 degree weather!)

    If you decide to redo your kitchen and are planning on doing any of it yourself - let me know. I've found some good blogs/websites with lots of info - particularly for painting your cabinets. I think we are going to paint ours this spring!

    ReplyDelete