My chunky monkey is five months old!
Noteworthy milestones: Luke can roll over from back to front. Then he gets stuck and angry, the maneuver from tummy back to his back has not been mastered yet. He already has his two bottom teeth, this is pretty early for them, and he was extra drooly and cranky for a few days when they cut through his gums.
Sleep Situation: It's better than it was at four months, but compared (I know, I know, it's dumb to compare your kid to other babies) to other five month olds he is not as average as I'd like. In case you are curious, the annoying Internet, pediatrician, and friends I have with babies attest that "most babies sleep through the night, meaning 6 hours or more, by five months." Even my own first child, was sleeping 8 consecutive hours at this age. Luke Edward Wheeler... might sleep for 4 straight hours, on a good night. However, he has never slept more than four hours in a row in his life, meaning neither have I in five months.
Diet: Luke eats about 7 times a day, including one middle of the night feeding. At daycare he even holds his own bottle and feeds himself! Still a 100% milk diet for now, although I feel like he gives us the jealous stink eye during dinner when we eat tasty things in front of him. Now that he has two teeth his adventures with solids will be starting in the next month.
Nicknames: Fox, Young Squire, Buddy, Little Man, and Baby Boy
He's cute, he's wiggly.
Chubby cheeked and giggly.
Thighs so squishable,
Face so kissable.
Coos to talk, cannot walk.
Often wearing only one of his socks...
He's my precious handsome fox!
Favorites: His Oball rattle, Sophie the Giraffe, grabbing fistfuls of anyone's hair, slobbering, squealing with delight, kicking in the bathtub
Biggest Fan: Kate love, love, love, loves her baby brother. So much. In trying to keep things fair, I wrote her a poem the other day too:
Eats with her hands- so classy.
Likes to do a monkey walk,
Grabs the telephone to talk.
Obsessed with her Bro,
Best siblings I know.
Curly pigtails and mischievous grin,
She's my one and only Katherine!
Dislikes: Having his goopy blocked tear duct cleaned. his lonely crib at 1:00 a.m., prolonged tummy time, and fingernail clippers
In such a short period of time it already feels like Luke has always been here and always been a part of our family. He is the baby I didn't even realize how much I needed in my life until he showed up and filled a void I didn't know existed. I couldn't imagine my world without him and barely remember life before him.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment