What has happened to the blogging community? Is it not trendy anymore? Does anyone still even read blogs or have other faster, more instant forms of social media taken over? I used to have a list of about ten blogs I'd check daily and at least two or three would have a new post for me to read that day. Now I'm lucky if one person I follow posts something new once a month. I admit, even my own blog is very poorly maintained these days, in it's heyday in 2012 I posted 91 entries in one year! I'm on pace right now to maybe hit 40 this year, and that's looking unlikely. Even though the blog is hardly a priority these days, I do still enjoy looking back at the blog. With each milestone Luke nears, I look back and try to find out when Kate reached it and compare them and reminisce.
The problem with the blog though, is that it takes work. Taking pictures, loading pictures, weeding through to find the best pictures, posting them, writing about them... However, there are still some sweet readers out there and dear family who tell me that yes, they do check my measly little blog to see the kiddos and appreciate it when a new post shows up. Probably the same way I'd light up if one of the above mentioned long dormant bloggers suddenly felt the urge to post something new (too bad the Petersik's don't read my blog to get the hint that I miss them, but a few others of you that I'm talking about do).
April has been a really good month around here, busy, but with cherished lazy moments to remember too. More traveling for Matt, a visit from my parents, and exploring parks and trails around us on the gorgeous spring days. Here are some of pictures of moments I'm too lazy to write about, but want to remember:
| Instead of sending her to time out, talking back to your mother gets you a trip to the stocks- we don't mess around |
![]() |
| Baby wearing this chunky monkey is quite the workout |
| Learning the traditional family recipe for making delicious potato dumplings |
Hope you all are well, thanks for continuing to check in on us!



Girl, I hear ya! I blame FB and IG. Faster, shorter ways to share photos and stories. But I still consider my blog to be my scrapbook. At this point I'm just writing for my future teenagers! I want to give them something to look back on, and I love scrolling through memory lane! I still read your blog and I love it!! I do miss YHL, though.
ReplyDeleteYea!! You know I check to see if you have posted anything. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Thursday.
ReplyDelete