Saturday, September 21, 2013
Blog Blahs
I've been feeling very apathetic towards the blog lately. Somewhere along the way it has become more of a chore and less of a hobby. It's tricky though, because I love being able to look back and have an online scrapbook of memories, but maintaining it keeps falling lower and lower on my list of things to do. If you're a faithful reader, I'm sorry. If you're me reading this five years from now and wondering what was going on in September of 2013 and mad at yourself for not documenting more, I'm not sorry, you only have your lazy self to blame.
Here's a recap (in incomplete sentences, it was either poor grammar today or no blogging at all). Life lately... Washing baby bottles all the time. Tickle fights with our sweet girl. Laughing so hard at her adorable shrieks as Matt tosses her up in the air. Laundry. Putting the same pair of pants on Kate seven times because every time I get one foot in a pant leg and move on to the other one, the first foot has escaped again. Cleaning mushed banana out of everything. Making up silly songs to sing to Kate about whatever we are doing.
Chasing after our curious climbing, crawling, exploring, constantly on the move babe and having an aching lower back by the end of the weekend as a result. Staring at the clock at work and wishing 5:00 would hurry up, then sitting in traffic trying to get to the daycare as fast as possible to scoop up my little love. Ignoring the housework. Wiping Kate's nose. Wiping Kate's butt. Wiping the tray on Kate's highchair after meals. Pumping, pumping, pumping. Sneaking into the nursery once Kate is asleep and just staring at her, often in amazement at the positions she's twisted herself into.
This past week was Matt's annual trip to Las Vegas for Interbike, and it just made me even more thankful for such a helpful co-parent after doing it all on my own for a few days. Having a baby is a lot of work, but she brings us so much joy that I really don't mind and don't care if it means things like the blog are neglected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

FYI, I did not feel neglected. Your blog is way better than my blog! And your incomplete sentences still feel poetic. You'll be so happy to look back on this one in five years :) A snapshot of real life!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya, girl. All I do is upload pics to a tumblr page, and I barely do that!
ReplyDelete